Wednesday, May 2, 2012

1,440 MINUTES


That's right.  1,440 minutes!  That's how long my body has been healing.  Not just a day.  Not just 24 hours.  But 1,440 minutes!!!!
Now I'm not just sitting around counting the minutes.  I'm only trying to make a point:  1,440 minutes is a lonnng time..and I did it!!!  Let me put it another way:


How long does it take you to pee?  Hey, don't laugh.  Stick with me here while I make my point.  A minute?  Two?  Ok...let's say two.  So to illustrate just how long 1,440 minutes is, just imagine this:  To kill 1,440 minutes, you would've had to pee 720 times!!!  Now that's a long time!!!  Get the picture??


So my point is....I'm not proud because I made it through my first day of juice fasting.  I'm DAMNED proud because I made it through 1,440 minutes of juice fasting!   


I'm sure by now you're all wishing I'd get to the point and answer the pertinent questions:


"How was it?"
"How do you feel?"
"Was it hard?"
"Are you hungry?"
"Did you cheat?"


So, here goes.


Q:  "How was it?"
A:  It wasn't bad.  It wasn't great--- I won't lie, but it wasn't bad.  When I was drinking the juices, I could just imagine the nutrients I was feeding my body.  And I think I even heard my body whisper, "Thank you," once or twice.  (OK...so I have a lively imagination.  But I'm sure if my body could whisper, "thank you," it would've.)


Q:  "How do you feel?"
I feel pretty darned good!  Not tired.  Not sluggish, as I normally am, rolling out of bed in the morning.  Bright-eyed this morning and raring to go.  Truth is, I think I'm full of energy!  And definitely feeling encouraged because I made it through the first 24- er, 1,440 minutes!!!!!!


Q:  "Was it hard?"
A:  It really wasn't as hard as I anticipated.  Deepak Chopra was right:


"Our thinking and our behavior are always in anticipation of a response. It is therefore fear-based."



Q:  "Are you hungry?"
A:  No.  I am not hungry.  I would, however, wolf down two eggs and bacon ("crispy, please")  if I wasn't on this journey.  And yesterday, during the first 1,440 minutes, I had similar thoughts, although, admittedly, I wasn't hungry then, either.  That made me realize how much I eat just to please my palette and not my tummy.  And how I'm definitely one of those who lives to eat, not eats to live. But the truth is, the juice and water kept me quite full and satiated, all day long.


Q:  "Did you cheat?"  
A:  Positively, absolutely, unequivocally.... no!


As someone once said, "The Urge to Cheat Insults My Integrity."


Yay, Me!



No comments:

Post a Comment